Rock Assault Steering Pump Upgrade Kit. The stock Toyota pump is just barely able to supply the volume and pressure needed to run Hydraulic assist steering. The stock pump puts out 1,300 PSI at only one gallon per minute. The stock pump is not able to provide enough fluid to run both the stock steering and the demands of a ram, especially at low RPM’s.
Drilling out the restrictor plates in a stock pump for more volume often leads to pump failure. The answer is a replacement TC style pump. The Trail-Gear Rock-Assault pumps put out either 1,450 or 1,650 PSI of pressure at 4 and 4.5 gallons per minute respectively. This provides the full fluid volume your steering box and ram are looking for, even at an idle.
Pump kit is designed to work with stock or ram drilled IFS power steering boxes. If your truck is not currently equipped with power steering, you will need to purchase the idler bracket and replace the steering gearbox with one designed for use with power steering. Stock fan belt will not work with this pump and will need to be replaced with Napa Number 9430 belt. Belt is included with kit.
- Designed to fit all Toyota 4 CYlinder 4 Wheel Drive motors from 1979 to 1995
- Included Large power steering fluid cooler is required on the low-pressure side of the system
- Pump bracket works in conjunction with stock idler bracket
- Never use ATF fluid, or a semi-synthetic blend. This will void the warranty.
- Alright to use standard power steering fluid or a full synthetic
Pump kit includes:
- Your choice of 1,450 or 1,650 PSI pump
- Pump bracket
- Reservoir bracket
- Necessary hardware
- Warranty: 12 Month Limited Warranty
- Sold As: Kit
- Material: Metal
- Finish: Bare
- Color: Grey
- Engine: 4 Cylinder
- Fits: 1979-1995 Toyota Pickup, 1985-1995 Toyota 4Runner
CALIFORNIA WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov