1989-1997 FJ80 frame
5052 aluminum alloy, 5/32″ (.156) thick.
- This FJ80 quad cab body was inspired by an FJ40 that has been turned into a 4 door, widened 7”, and body mounts revised to fit on an FJ80 frame.
- This body is 70-3/4″ wide (stock FJ40 is 63-3/4″).
- This vehicle utilizes a stock FJ80 wheelbase of 112.2” (front and rear axles are in stock FJ80 locations).
- The fender aprons, hood and front fenders have been stretched 3-1/2″ in length. Stock FJ40 fender aprons and front fenders will fit, however you would need to widen your hood by 7″.
- This body does not include the factory fuel tank drop out or the factory fuel filler. These options are available upon request for an additional cost.
- Locate body on frame using body mounts in front floor, all other body mounts must be drilled by customer from underneath.
- We highly recommend that you pre-fit your components prior to painting or powder coating.
- Designed for off-road use only.
FJ80 Frame Alterations
- The back of the frame must be cut-off approximately 9″.
- The FJ80 engine, transmission and transfer case is more forward over the front axle than a FJ40. The FJ80 drive train will need to be moved back approximately 7”.
- Rear of frame will have to be cut back and re-boxed.
- Aluminum quad cab; mounting hardware not included.